The Skokie Water Playground is the larger of the two outdoor aquatic facilities at the Skokie Park District, next to the Oakton Community Center, at the corner of Skokie Blvd. and Oakton St.
Take a leisurely dip in our 14,000 square foot main pool with beach entry, play in our fully accessible splash pad, take a ride down one of our three big slides or take the challenge and stand beneath the big red bucket and get drenched when 300 gallons of water come crashing down! Then take a break and visit our concession stand and have a cool drink or a frozen treat.
360° Photo Tour
Group Swim Lessons
Sign up for group swim lessons weekends June 12 – August 7 at Skokie Water Playground. Classes meet weekly on Saturdays or Sundays for 8 weeks. Classes will not meet July 3 and 4.
“Private” lessons offer 1-on-1 instruction for swimmers of all ages and ability levels. “Semi-Private” lessons allow for two students per instructor: perfect for siblings or friends. Lessons are held at a mutually agreed time between the student and instructor. To sign up for a private lesson or have questions fill out the Private Lesson Request Form here.
Pool Closing Information
The aquatic facilities will be closed during the following conditions:
- Temperatures forecast under 70 degrees
- Heavy rain or severe weather
- Lightning or thunder
- Low attendance for at least an hour (35 people)
- Any other condition that creates an unsafe swimming environment
For up-to-date information please call the pool hotline, (847) 674-1500, ext. 3200 or check the pool Twitter page @SkokiePools.
- Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies. Parents and guardians should supervise their children.
- Children under 10 years of age will NOT be admitted to the pool area unless accompanied by a person at least 16 years of age.
- All Apparel worn in the pool shall be clean and designed for pool use.
- Cell phones may not be used in the locker room areas.
- All non-toilet trained patrons must wear an approved swim diaper or tightly fitting plastic pants. Diaper changing is not permitted on pool deck. Changing of diapers must take place in the locker rooms.
- Coast Guard approved flotation devices are allowed. Swimsuits with floatation devices inserted or attached are not permitted.
- The pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the pool is not permitted.
- Prolonged under water breathe holding is not permitted.
- Glass objects of any kind are NOT allowed inside the aquatic facilities.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed. Grills or open flame heaters are not allowed.
- NO RUNNING or rough play will be allowed in the Aquatic Facility.
- DIVING is NOT allowed in Skokie Water Playground.
- SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED ANYWHERE IN THE AQUATIC FACILITIES, INCUDING E-CIGARETES AND VAPE PENS.
- The Skokie Park District is not responsible for LOST or STOLEN items.
- Deck chairs must remain on the deck areas only. Chairs may not be used in the water areas or turf areas. Chairs must be a minimum of 4 feet from the edge of the pool.
- The Skokie Park District reserves the right to revoke any season passes as well as suspend individuals paying daily admissions, if there are continual violations of facility rules.
- The Skokie Park District does not provide individual health and accident insurance.
- The Skokie Park District is authorized to implement and enforce rules that are more stringent or that supplement those listed here.
Dogs not allowed
Interactive Multi-level Play Area