The following regulations govern play on park district pickleball courts.
If courts are open and no one is waiting, you may use any available court for any amount of time. However, once all courts are full, players are required to use the rack system to determine the order of play as follows:
- Waiting players should put their paddle in the next available slot to hold their place in line; the rotation moves left to right.
- Courts rotate after one game.
- Players on the court must exit the court when a game finishes, allowing the next racked players to rotate onto the open court. Players from the finishing game may complete the next twosome if agreed upon by the players rotating onto the court.
- When you finish your game and exit the court, call out “COURT OPEN” and the next 2 players will play the winning team. Winning teams should not exceed two consecutive games played.
General Pickleball Court Rules:
- Games should follow the USAPA Rules.
- Singles and doubles are permitted. Each court should not exceed 4 people.
- Games are played to 11 points, win by 2.
- Pickleball lessons, clinics, tournaments, and leagues are only allowed when conducted by Skokie Park District staff.
- Skokie Park District’s programs have unlimited court priority.
- Children under the age of 14 must always be supervised.
The following are NOT permitted on the courts:
- Animals, except for service animals.
- Bicycles, skateboards, hoverboards, scooters, roller skates, in-line skates, carriages, radio-controlled toys, or any other wheeled devices. Personal assistance mobility devices are permitted.
- Profanity, bullying, and/or abusive behavior.
The Skokie Park District is not responsible for any accidents or injuries that are the result of utilizing pickleball courts. Please be polite and fair when using and sharing the courts. Violation of the rules above or causing damage to Skokie Park District property may result in penalties.