Cancellation and Refund Policies
The Skokie Park District is committed to providing quality programs and excellent customer service! To process an activity refund or transfer request, we ask you to complete an Activity Modification Form online or in-person at one of our park district’s customer service desks. Refunds will be applied to any outstanding household balances owed by you for programs, activities, or rentals. If there is no outstanding balance, the refund will be made by check or credit card based upon the method of payment used at the time of registration. Cash payments will be refunded by check. Allow up to 2 weeks to receive refund.
- Activity Cancellations/Park District Closings: Every effort is made to avoid cancelling activities. However, a minimum number of participants must be registered for an activity to run. Notification via email or phone of cancellations may be made with as little as 24 hours notice. Activity cancellations or Park District closings will result in a refund that will be issued back to you the same way you made payment. If you wish to apply this refund to another activity or keep it as a household credit, you must notify the Park District immediately. Cash payments will be refunded in the form of a check.
- Activity Transfer Policy: Transfers from one activity to another, when space permits, can be made with completion of an Activity Modification Form. The payment amount transferred, and payment amount due will be prorated accordingly.
- Refund Request Prior to Activity Start: Refund requests received before the first class will be accepted and a full refund will be given.
- Refund Request After Start of Activity: Fees will be pro-rated starting with the day the refund form is received and/or the last class the participant was in attendance for. If the activity falls below the minimum required and the spot cannot be filled, a full refund may not be given. Medical excuses will result in a pro-rated refund based upon the number of classes held prior to the date listed on the physician excuse. All refund requests will be approved by the Supervisor before processing.
- One-day Activity Refunds: Refund requests for one-day activities/events/trips must be submitted 5 business days prior to the event unless otherwise stated in program description to receive a refund.
- Ticket Sales: Tickets are not eligible for refunds.