The Devonshire Aquatic Center is one of the two outdoor aquatic facilities at the Skokie Park District, nestled next to the Devonshire Community Center. This family friendly facility features a beach entry into the main pool, 25-yard lap swimming lanes, a separate dive tank with a 1-meter diving board and a 3-meter drop slide, and a fully accessible splash pad.
Enjoy morning parent/tot swims throughout the summer season. Lap swimming is available every morning and at the end of the public swim session weekdays. With our diverse community Devonshire Aquatic Center hosts gender specific swim sessions on Monday and Tuesday evenings throughout the season. Monday nights are male only swim sessions and Tuesdays are females only swim sessions. See schedule for more details on specific times for each of our programs.
Devonshire also host several special events such as Winter in July, Pirate Day and Sundae Picnic. Check the calendar for special event dates!
Private Swim Lessons
“Private” lessons offer 1-on-1 instruction for swimmers of all ages and ability levels. “Semi-Private” lessons allow for two students per instructor; perfect for siblings or friends. Lessons are held at a mutually agreed time between the student and instructor. To sign up for a private lesson or have questions click the link and fill out the Private Lesson Request Form.
Pool Closing Information
The aquatic facilities will be closed during the following conditions:
- Temperatures forecast under 70 degrees
- Heavy rain or severe weather
- Lightning or thunder
- Low attendance for at least an hour (15 people)
- Any other condition that creates an unsafe swimming environment
For up to date information please call the pool hotline, (847) 674-1500, ext. 3200 or check the pool Twitter page @SkokiePools, or twitter.com/SkokiePools.
- Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies. Parents and guardians should supervise their children.
- No child under 10 years of age will be admitted to the pool area unless accompanied by a person at least 16 years of age.
- All apparel worn in the pool shall be clean and designed for pool use.
- Cell phones may not be used in the locker room areas.
- All non-toilet trained patrons must wear an approved swim diaper or tightly fitting plastic pants. Diaper changing is not permitted on pool deck. Changing of diapers must take place in the locker rooms.
- Coast Guard approved flotation devices are allowed. Swim suits with floatation devices inserted or attached are not permitted.
- The pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the pool is not permitted.
- Prolonged under water breathe holding is not permitted.
- No glass objects of any kind are allowed inside the aquatic facilities.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed. Grills or open flame heaters are not allowed.
- No running or rough play will be allowed in the Aquatic Facility.
- Diving is not allowed in the Aquatic Center unless otherwise noted.
- Smoking Iis not allowed anywhere in the aquatic facility.
- The Skokie Park District is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Deck chairs must remain on the deck areas only. Chairs may not be used in the water areas or turf areas. Chairs must be a minimum of 4 feet from the edge of the pool.
- The Skokie Park District reserves the right to revoke any season passes as well as suspend individuals paying daily admissions, if there are continual violations of facility rules.
- The Skokie Park District does not provide individual health and accident insurance.
- The Skokie Park District is authorized to implement and enforce rules that are more stringent or that supplement those listed here.
Lap Pool with Zero-depth Entry
Locker Rooms and Shower Facilities