Registration for the 2021/22 school year closes on Friday, August 6 at 5 p.m.
Join Skokie's Place for All Children in Extended Care (SPACE)
This recreational program is offered through the Skokie Park District for children K–5, in cooperation with School Districts 68, 69, 72, 73, and 73.5.
About the Program
Designed to serve the needs of working parents in the Skokie community, SPACE programs are held in Skokie school facilities and offer before- and after-school recreational programs. Care is available during the school year, Monday through Friday, mornings 7–8:45 a.m. and afternoons 3–6 p.m. (times vary). Fees include an afternoon snack and provide recreational and educational activities in a safe and nurturing environment. Skokie Park District staff oversee a wide variety of activities including enrichment classes, active games, arts & crafts, music, story time, homework time, outdoor play and more. The SPACE program also provides special event and theme days, family events, and the option to bring breakfast to the morning program. Our goal is to promote social interaction, independence, self-esteem, creativity, and problem-solving skills among all children. The Skokie Park District Staff is committed to building a cooperative and supportive relationship with each family.
Registration for the 2021-2022 school year:
To be put on the waitlist, fill out a form HERE
SPACE Enrollment Options
Full-Time: 4-5 days a week, with AM only, PM only, or AM & PM options
Part-Time: Select up to three days/week to attend. AM only, PM only, or AM & PM options. Days must stay consistent.
||Part-time (2–3 days/week)
||Full-time (4–5 days/week)
(beginning at 7A)
(ending at 6P)
- A $35 non-refundable family registration fee is due at the time of registration
- The $50 deposit per child for AM care and the $75 deposit per child for PM care are due at the time of registration.
- Monthly fees may be paid in full or on a 9-month payment plan.
- 9 Monthly payments will begin 8/25/21 and end 4/25/22
- Pay in full at the time of registration and receive a 5% discount of program fees!
- Fees do not include days when school is not in session (holidays, institute days, etc.)
Aryn Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org