Join Skokie's Place for All Children in Extended Care (SPACE) for the 2020-21 School Year!
This recreational program is offered through the Skokie Park District for children K-5, in cooperation with School Districts 68, 69, 72, 73, and 73.5.
Registration for the 2019-20 school year closed in August 2019. Please reach out to Angie Sakellaris at (847) 929-7742 or ASakellaris@skokieparks.org to check on availability.
About the Program
Designed to serve the needs of working parents in the Skokie community, SPACE programs are held in Skokie school facilities and offer before- and after-school recreational programs. Care is available during the school year, Monday through Friday, mornings 7–8:45 a.m. and afternoons 3–6 p.m. (times vary). The low program fees include a nutritious snack every afternoon and provide recreational and educational activities in a safe and nurturing environment. Exceptional Skokie Park District staff oversee a wide variety of activities including enrichment classes, active games, arts & crafts, music, story time, homework time, outdoor play and more. The SPACE program also provides special event and theme days, family events, walking field trips, and the option to bring breakfast to the morning program. Our goal is to promote social interaction, independence, self-esteem, creativity, and problem-solving skills among all children. The Skokie Park District Staff is committed to building a cooperative and supportive relationship with each family.
How to Register
Registration dates for SPACE 2020-21
- Priority Registration Dates: April 1, 2020 8:30 AM – April 30, 2020 8:00 PM (Open ONLY to 2019-2020 S.P.A.C.E. current participants and their siblings)
- Open Registration Date: May 1, 2020 8:30 AM (Open to all new Skokie residents)
- Registration is in person at the Oakton Community Center. Online phone and fax registration are not available at this time.
AM care: Begins at 7 a.m.
PM care: Ends at 6 p.m.
SPACE Enrollment Options
Full-Time: 4-5 days a week, with AM only, PM only, or AM & PM options
Part-Time: Select up to three days/week to attend. AM only, PM only, or AM & PM options. Days must stay consistent.
AM Part-Time: $612/school year
AM Full-Time: $819/school year
PM Part-Time: $1,404/school year
PM Full-Time: $1,962/school year
- A $35 non-refundable family registration fee is due at the time of registration
- $50 Deposit per child for AM care, $75 Deposit per child for PM care
- Fees can either be paid in full or a 9-month payment plan
- 9 Monthly payments will begin 08/25/20-04/25/21
- Pay in full at the time of registration and receive a 5% discount of program fees!
- Fees do not include days when school is not in session (holidays, institute days, etc.)
Angeline Sakellaris at ASakellaris@SkokieParks.org