Niles Township Government is once again offering Child Care tuition assistance to eligible families. Please read the following information sent from Niles Township; and use this link to access the application:
Niles Township Childcare Assistance Program Application
This tuition money is issued directly to childcare facilities, and operates on a reimbursement basis, The award will only cover days that a child is present in daycare, to a maximum of $25 per day.
Two important things to help you get prepared: the qualifications for the program, and the required documents you will need to submit.
Qualifications for the 2023-2024 Application Year:
- Child(ren), and parents/legal guardians must reside within the boundaries of Niles Township. Children qualify only if their birthday is on or after September 1, 2018.
- All recipient families are expected to contribute a portion of the tuition fees.
- Child(ren)must be officially registered at Tot Learning Center, deposit paid by family.
- Both parents/custodial parent/guardian must be working, attending school or be enrolled in a job-training program during the hours of the childcare program.
Below are the required documents to submit to the township. Applications will not be considered until all documents are submitted.
- Completed and signed Niles Township Application
- Proof of registration and proof of paid deposit to Tot Learning Center.
- Award letter for assistance from Illinois Action for Children (CCAP) (if applicable)
- Children(’s) Birth Certificate and Social Security Card
Proof of Residency Documents (please provide two of the following)
- Current Driver’s License or State ID for both parents/guardians
- Utility Bill (electric or gas)
- Signed Lease/ Property Tax Bill
- Child’s Public Aid Card/ Medical Card
- Federal Income Tax Form 1040 and most recent pay stubs for one month of work for all employed family members
- Most recent bank statement for all family members
- Child support documentation (if applicable)
- Unemployment benefits documentation from last 30 days (if applicable)
- Entire Divorce Decree Document or Proof of Legal Separation Document (if applicable)
Niles Township reserves the right to request additional documentation if deemed necessary. Funding is not guaranteed and is subject to funds available.
The application process is two steps
First complete the form linked above and upon completion click on the “Done” button located at the top right of the screen. The form will automatically be sent to Ruth Orme-Johnson and Holly Zimmermann. Next- email copies of the documents requested to Ruth and Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Screenshots and pictures of hard copies are acceptable.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND DOCUMENTS BEFORE YOUR APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED.
Trouble submitting the application? Please call 847-673-9300 to speak with Holly Zimmermann or Ruth Orme-Johnson and schedule a time to apply in-person.
You will be notified by email and/or postal mail as to whether you have been approved or denied childcare scholarship assistance. The sooner your application and documents are sent in, the better your chances of being approved, as this program is first come, first served. ALL official notifications will be provided the week of August 14. Grants are made for one full calendar year, starting September 1st and going through August 31.
Once your application and supporting documents have been reviewed and approved, payment will be sent directly to the Childcare Facility after registration has been confirmed. If you do not register your child for the originally requested days and hours, the amount awarded will be adjusted accordingly.
For questions, please contact Ruth Orme-Johnson, General Assistance Director at 847.673.9300