Social Media Policy
The Skokie Park District (the “park district”) provides information to the public through many digital outlets including social media pages which include facebook.com/skokieparks, twitter.com/skokieparks, tiktok.com/@skokieparks and instagram.com/skokieparks. Communicating with the park district through social media further enables customers to contact the park district in a direct and meaningful way. The comments, visuals, photographs, images, videos and other types of materials posted by patrons to the park district’s social media sites do not necessarily reflect the opinions or ideals of the park district, its employees or affiliates. This Social Media Policy sets forth guidelines for utilizing the park district’s social media and social network sites.
Please be aware that when engaging with the Skokie Park District over social media, you are agreeing to the following:
Commenting on the park district’s social media sites
The park district shares information, photographs, images and videos with the public through its external social media websites and encourages its followers to share their thoughts, opinions and comments on the park district’s social media platforms. Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and monitored by park district staff. While comments posted to the park district’s sites will not be edited by park district staff, the park district reserves the right to restrict or remove any content deemed in violation of the Skokie Park District’s Social Media Policy described herein or any applicable law.
- Comments should be related to the topic posted on the park district’s social media site or page. The park district’s social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media site or page, or for service requests.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting material that violates copyrights or trademarks of third-parties are prohibited.
- Comments using obscene, profane, violent, threatening, hateful, harassing or offensive language or content are prohibited.
- Personal attacks, bullying or offensive comments that target or disparage any specific person, group, ethnicity, race, creed, color, age, religious group, gender, marital status, national origin, disability status, physical appearance, sexual orientation or financial status are strictly prohibited.
- Comments shall not include information that would invade an individual’s personal privacy.
- Comments containing nudity or sexual content, or accusations of criminal or immoral activity to a person or people are prohibited.
- The Skokie Park District’s social media accounts and sites are not open to comments or posts promoting, endorsing, soliciting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promoting or advertising a business or commercial transactions (e.g. spam).
- The park district’s Social Media Policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time by the Skokie Park District.
Users may submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to the park district’s social media sites that allow the public to post content in accordance with the park district’s Social Media Policy and which pertain to the subject of the park district’s social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third-party rights will be removed by the park district.
To request a reasonable accommodation when accessing the Skokie Park District’s social media sites, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or concerns
Questions or concerns regarding the Skokie Park District’s Social Media Policy or the park district’s social media sites shall be directed to email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your contribution to the park district’s social media pages, and for your help creating a safe online community.