As temperatures rise throughout Skokie, we offer the following tips to help keep you and your family safe:
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Try to stay in the shade or indoors as much as possible
- If working outside, take frequent breaks, preferably in an air-conditioned space
- Check on elderly neighbors and those with functional needs
- Take pets indoors and make sure they have plenty of water
- Never leave children or pets unattended in a vehicle.
Residents who do not have access to air conditioning are encouraged to take advantage of the following cooling centers at the Skokie Park District.
Devonshire Cultural Center
4400 Greenwood Ave.
(847) 674-1500, ext. 2400
Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 9 PM
Saturday - Sunday, 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Oakton Community Center
4701 Oakton Street
(847) 674-1500, ext. 2700
Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 8 PM
Saturday & Sunday, 9 AM – 6 PM
Weber Leisure Center
9300 Weber Park Place
(847) 674-1500, ext. 3500
Monday - Friday, 5 AM - 10 PM
Saturday & Sunday, 7 AM – 8 PM